One day in the 1840s, at the height of the Victorian era, the Duchess of Bedford woke up after a post-lunch 40 winks and noticed she was feeling rather peckish. The Duchess ordered her servants to prepare her a cup of tea, along with some pastries and a few small sandwiches – the idea went down so well she then invited her friends round to repeat the process. It’s said this is the origin of afternoon tea, a truly British ritual, originally only available to the upper classes, but which over time spread throughout the population, and is now being brought, reinvented with the freshness of mint, straight from the heart of London to Vincci The Mint 4*(Gran Vía 10, Madrid).
The perfect afternoon plan
At 5pm in the afternoon everything is ready for you to take a break and enjoy afternoon tea with the freshness of mint as the main attraction. Because the star of the show of “Peppermint Tea Time” at Vincci The Mint is mint tea, which in addition to its fresh flavour has multiple beneficial properties, such as helping to reduce anxiety and ensure a healthy digestion.
“Peppermint Tea Time” also offers other types of teas, catering to every taste, and sweet and savoury homemade snacks:
- Homemade cakes
- Homemade biscuits
- Chocolate and cereal crispies
- Homemade truffles
- Salmon, cream cheese and dill sandwich
- Pastrami Focaccia
- Selection of teas
- Glass of cava
- Polar Mint: An exclusive mix of exceptional quality European mint leaves, with organic apple mint from Austria, peppermint, spearmint, rosehip seeds and a touch of liquorice.
- Berry Fields: Black tea combined with a whimsical, embracing mix of wild fruit, apple and beetroot.
- Golden Camomile: Invigorating, digestive cinnamon herbal tea, with apple chunks and camomile. Caffeine free.
- Dream Tea: Green tea with a subtle and surprising mix of cornflower blossoms, tree mallow, sunflower and rose petals. This mix of ingredients makes it the perfect detox blend.
“Peppermint Tea Time” is perfect to spend an agreeable moment with friends, with great conversation, or to enjoy a moment’s relaxation on one’s own, in the company of a good book.
Every nook and cranny of the hotel is aimed at creating a bright, appealing space, allowing you to enjoy all the attractions of the heart of Madrid from the property’s interior. Vincci The Mint is inspired by the concept “FRESH&MUSIC” where the freshness of mint suffuses every corner of one of Madrid’s newest hotels and leisure spaces.